The best email marketing software should allow you to design emails easily, segment your list, personalize your messaging, and view analytics reports. And they should most importantly hit users’ primary inboxes.
In the end, email marketing is about sending the right message to the right user at the right time.
How Do I Pick the Best Email Marketing Software?
Nowadays, most email marketing software is designed to perform a range of functions beyond simply sending emails and newsletters.
Which features are an absolute must? Here’s our list of the key things you should be looking for:
- Drag and drop editor: An easy-to-use visual editor that will let you customize your email templates (without any coding) is your best bet for getting campaigns sent out quickly and efficiently
- Different campaign types: Your software should be able to support a range of email types, including regular newsletters, A/B tests, and autoresponders
- Marketing automation: Whether you need just simple autoresponders or more targeted automated campaigns, it’s important to make sure that your software can cater to your automation needs
- Sign-up forms: A good newsletter tool will allow you to create your own form to capture subscribers, which can either be embedded on your site or hosted on a separate landing page
- Integrations: Your email software needs to be able to link up to your other key applications – e.g. your blog, online store, CRM, and analytics tool
- Support: A thorough knowledge base, email support and live chat/phone support are all ideal. Not all tools provide all these channels, though
What is SendInBlue?
Launched in 2012, SendInBlue is a young Parisian platform that used to focus on transactional emails (for invoices, subscriptions, etc…). They have since pivoted and provide mass email services with their own newsletter platform. The bet seems to have paid off. They are one of the fastest growing email marketing platforms in Europe and sends around 30 million email and SMS daily in more than 14 countries.
SendinBlue is a complete SMS and email marketing software for businesses. It is an extremely easy to use platform with excellent tools to create beautiful and highly engaging emails.
On top of email, they also have a forms tool that lets you collect new leads, which you can then segment into specific lists, and enter into email nurturing campaigns. Not sure how to kick off your email nurturing campaign? No problem.
Their simple drag and drop tools are perfect for beginners with no experience in email marketing. SendinBlue includes beginner-friendly automation tools that allow you to send transactional emails, create workflows, and segment users. It can also select the best time to send bulk emails using their AI algorithms to ensure maximum email deliverability.
SendinBlue offer a completely free email marketing plan that lets you send up to 300 emails per day, but all your emails will have their branding.
Paid plans start from $25 per month. You can also include SMS to your account, but the pricing will vary based on your sending requirements.
They have improved their premium plan to include more advanced features like landing page builder, live chat, CRM, and Facebook ads integration. This means users now get more value for the same price.
SendinBlue also offers a separate SMTP bulk email marketing service which you can use to power automated or transactional emails from your WordPress site. You do not need this for email marketing campaigns, but it’s a nice to have feature if you have a large website, and you want automatic content based emails.
SendinBlue has a Workflow Library that gives you access to a number of pre-made automation campaigns tailored to specific goals you might have. If you want to run a more nuanced email nurturing campaign, you can always create a campaign from scratch to meet your specific business needs.
Unlike other marketing tactics, email provides personalization and scalability, two factors that are crucial in today’s business. You want to be able to send your subscribers with emails that resonate with their wants and needs for better conversion rates.
More importantly, you need the ability to analyze your previous email campaigns and use the gathered data to build much better campaigns moving forward.
As one of the most popular email marketing platforms, MailChimp continues to provide users with convenient ways to send and track the emails sent to subscribers. There’s a lot to like about MailChimp. But it’s not perfect. There are alternatives. One of those alternatives is Sendinblue.
It builds upon the standard of how email marketing should be done as established by tools like MailChimp but adds their personal touch as well. Therefore, if you’re looking for a legitimate MailChimp alternative, then Sendinblue is probably what you’re looking for.